Friday, March 21, 2014

Natural Room Scents



Natural Room Scents 

After seeing numerous little pins on Pinterest about natural scents, I thought I'd give it a shot--after all, how bad could I mess up? And apparently I was right. You can keep on dumping just about any gourmet items into a pot, let it simmer for bit, and your house will smell like a giant cookie. Heck, I bet bacon could even smell peachy for a while.

So, here's a simple base that I started with: 

- - Water
- - Vanilla Extract 
- - Lemon Wedges
- - Thyme 

Turn that on low and just keep it going for however long you like. 

As the days went by, I kept tossing in more goodies. Cardamom, cinnamon sticks, ground ginger, and some clementine skins went in when I was waiting for some leftover soup to heat up. As you can see from the photos, I have a pretty sturdy stock going right now and it smells amazing. 




No comments:

Post a Comment